Avenue Road in St Albans, an apartment block managed by Space Estates
'WE PROVIDE A TAILOR-MADE SERVICE THAT ENSURES COMPREHENSIVE MANAGEMENT OF EACH ESTATE,
UNDERPINNED BY TRANSPARENT ADMINISTRATION'
Jeremy Rich, Director
Space Estates offers a Block Management Service that ensures high standards in the pro-active maintenance and administration of apartment blocks and other residential developments in the local Hertfordshire area. Our Block Management Service is run from our Harpenden office, which exclusively handles this side of the business.
We hope that the information given here will answer your initial queries. To find out more and to discuss your individual requirements, please call Jeremy Rich on 01582 768493.
OUR BLOCK MANAGEMENT SERVICE INCORPORATES:
TRANSPARENT ACCOUNTING - when service charges become due, we ensure the prompt collection of monies, which are then held in a dedicated client account for each individual site. This money is then used to maintain the development to the high standards you require.
An element of this service charge is held as a replacement fund. This is kept in reserve for longer-term, high-cost projects and planned maintenance, such as major redecoration. The projected level of the reserve is agreed with each client. Accurate budgeting is provided based upon the future requirements of each estate.
Ground rent is collected on behalf of the freeholder/landlord. This is transferred to the freeholder/landlord directly.
Accounts are maintained on the client's behalf and transactions processed daily by our accounts staff.
• all communal utilities and costs of shared services are paid by us on the client's behalf
• receipts and invoices are held for seven years, and are available to the client upon request
• we provide a prompt annual reconciliation of the accounts, which are then audited independently
PRO-ACTIVE MAINTENANCE - an ongoing maintenance programme is undertaken based upon the requirements of both the client and the individual estate.
These are likely to include the following:
• maintaining gardens - grass-cutting, hedge-trimming, sweeping, etc
• general maintenance - replacing lightbulbs, redecoration, etc
• regular cleaning of communal areas
• managing of refuse areas
• monitoring site safety
Contractors employed to undertake jobs or specific, one-off maintenance projects can be appointed either from our own bank of trusted tradesmen or we can instruct a contractor of the client's choice.
For major projects we have a fully transparent tender process. A detailed specification is outlined in consultation with the client in advance of the commencement of works.
LIAISON AND FEEDBACK - our aim is to provide the best possible service in all matters relating to the management of your estate. We pride ourselves on offering a personal, tailor-made service in answer to your individual requirements.
Our attention to client liaison and feedback includes:
• attending meetings with residents and freeholder/leaseholders
• a prompt response to all telephone calls and correspondence
• a copy of the end-of-year accounts for each property owner
• guaranteed discretion at all times
SERVICE STANDARDS - in our commitment to high standards of service, we undertake to do the following:
• answer all correspondence within a timescale agreed with the client
• attend to requests for maintenance repairs, according to priority
• provide any receipt or invoice relating to expenditure, upon request
• provide all management information to new owners
• adhere to relevant Health and Safety requirements
SEAMLESS TRANSFER - we fully understand that in moving the management of your estate, it is essential that we ensure a trouble-free transfer. We will undertake to implement a thorough assessment of your requirements and of the estate at the very beginning of the instruction.
As part of our remit, it is essentail that we collect and assimilate information held by both the client and any previous managing agent to facilitate this.
We recognise the importance of ensuring standards are upheld and, where desired, will continue, for example, to use your chosen existing contractors.